The Professional Development Series (PDS) is a comprehensive, on-going continuing education program for basketball coaches of all levels. The focus of the program will be to develop well-rounded basketball coaches on a professional (on and off the court) and personal level. The intent will be to create opportunities for interacting with colleagues and exchanging ideas in an atmosphere conducive to professional growth.
PDS clinics are broken down into three categories: Coaching Development, Personal Development, and Ethics. In order to become NABC PDS-certified, registered NABC Member coaches must attend two (2) coaching development clinics, two (2) personal development clinics, and one (1) ethics seminar during the NABC Convention.
Recent NABC Convention PDS clinicians include:
- Lon Kruger, University of Oklahoma
- Avery Johnson, University of Alabama
- Dave Leitao, DePaul University
- Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's College
- Al Skinner, Kennesaw State University
- Ed Cooley, Providence College
- Brad Brownell, Clemson University
- Del Harris, former NBA head coach